- The facilities and parking
- Fontwell Park is a friendly, intimate racecourse. The facilities are all close to hand and these include the New £6.5m Premier Grandstand, Parade Ring to view the horses before and after every race, the Winners’ Enclosure, three Grandstands, a variety of bars/catering outlets and gardens. There are plenty of takeaway food outlets.
Car parking in the main car park is free of charge. The entrance is at the southern end of the A29 Fontwell Avenue. You can also park in the centre of the course for a fee of £5 per car (in addition to the cost of admission). The centre course is the designated picnic area where you can consume your own food and drink. The centre course entrance is via Denmans Lane off the westbound carriageway of the A27 next to the course.
At Fontwell Park, we have two enclosures: the Grandstand & Paddock and Premier Enclosure. They both offer fantastic viewing of the Parade Ring where the horses are presented, and the racetrack. They also both have catering outlets for many types of food and drink, and the main difference is that the Premier Enclosure also allows access to the ground floor of the Premier Grandstand. This has a seating area and terrace overlooking Fontwell Gardens, as well as a bar, betting facilities and Premier Food Café. Tickets for both enclosures vary depending on the race fixture, but on all fixtures you will save £5 by booking in advance
- How do I book tickets?
- Tickets and admission packages can either booked online or by calling the Racecourse Office on 01243 543335. A booking fee of £1.50 will be charged to all online and telephone bookings. Please note this fee is per booking and not per ticket. Save money by booking in advance.
If you book within three days of the race meeting, your tickets will be left for you to collect on the day at the main entrance. Please bring the debit or credit card you used to make the booking.
A Racecourse Information leaflet is sent with your tickets.
You can pay by credit or debit card at the main turnstiles, but not at the centre course car park off Denmans Lane.
- What are the advantages of booking an ‘all-inclusive’ package?
- We have one ‘all inclusive’ package available at every meeting and this is the ‘Racecourse Tour Package” which includes admission, a tour of the racecourse, a £5 Tote betting voucher, and a welcome drink. This package is ideal for the novice race goer. The price is £30 per person on standard race meetings, and £35 per person on feature fixtures.
Other ‘all inclusive’ packages are available at selected fixtures and these are always included on the ‘Offers and Packages” page. These packages offer exceptional value for money and have to be booked in advance.
- Is Fontwell Park suitable for children and families?
- Children aged 15 and under are admitted free of charge to all race meetings when accompanied by a paying adult. On our Family Race Days, we provide children’s entertainment that is all free of charge (bouncy castles, face painters and a pets corner). At our more popular Family Race Days in May and September we have large and small fun fair rides and side shows too. There are baby changing facilities in the toilets.
- Are their facilities for people with disabilities?
- Fontwell Park aims to provide an accessible environment for all of our racegoers particularly those with disabilities. We provide parking spaces close to the main entrance for disabled customers. There are toilets for disabled customers in the Kerman Grandstand and there is a new unisex disabled toilet behind the trackside viewing ramp. This viewing ramp is for the exclusive use of disabled customers and will accommodate at least 15 wheelchairs.
There is a lift in the Kerman Stand for racegoers who require access to the hospitality suites on the middle and top floor.
The New Premier Grandstand enclosure provides a viewing area for disabled customers as well as full disabled access throughout the building.
Disabled customers pay full price admission unless they are dependent on a carer, in which case the carer is admitted free of charge. These arrangements cannot be made in advance and are dealt with at the main entrance on the race day.
- Is there a dress code?
- The Premier Enclosure – the policy is 'smart casual'. Men should wear collared shirts. A tie is not essential. Smart jeans and tailored shorts are acceptable (they must not be ripped or torn). We do not permit jogging bottoms, fancy dress, sports or beach wear, non tailored shorts and trainers. Many customers get dressed up and make an effort on feature race days.
The Grandstand and Paddock Enclosure – there is no dress code in this enclosure apart from in the hospitality suites where the same policy as the Premier Enclosure applies.
There is no dress code for children in either enclosure. Most importantly, please remember to dress for the weather because Fontwell Park holds race meetings all year round and conditions can vary enormously!
If you require any further information, please telephone 01243 543335.
- Can I bring my dog to the racecourse?
- With the exception of guide dogs for the blind, dogs can only be brought into the centre course. They must be either tied to the car or kept on a lead at all times.
- Can I bring my own food and drink?
- The centre course is the designated picnic area and if you intend to bring your own food and drink it must be consumed in this location. Only food and drink purchased at the course can be consumed on the Grandstand side of the track.
- Photography at the racecourse
- Racegoers are permitted to take photographs for their own personal use in public areas of the racecourse but are not permitted to use them for commercial purposes without prior permission from the racecourse office and provision of press accreditation.
PLEASE DO NOT USE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY NEAR THE HORSES.
Please be aware that your photograph may be taken whilst you are on the racecourse. These photographs may be used in any of the media used by Northern Racing for promotion purposes. They may also be circulated to the media and used by other relevant organisations in their publications.
- Do I have to pay for parking?
- Parking is free in our main public car park (off the A29 Fontwell Avenue). There is a £5 charge per car to park in the centre course (this does not include the cost of admission for the occupants). Access to the centre course is via Denmans Lane on the westbound carriageway of the A27.
- Can I bring a coach?
- Coach parties are very welcome at Fontwell Park and there is plenty of parking.
- Where can I get food and drink?
- There is a wide range of takeaway food on race days including burgers, hot dogs, bacon rolls, pasties, fish and chips, jacket potatoes, paninis, sandwiches, tea, coffee, soft drinks, cakes and baguettes.
Our New 888sport Premier Grandstand Lounge can be booked in advance as a restaurant on racedays. To book, please call Hospitality on 01243 543335.
- Is there a cash machine at the racecourse?
- A cash machine is located in the lobby of the Kerman Grandstand.
- What happens if racing abandoned?
- Very occasionally a race meeting may have to be abandoned because of extreme weather. This is rare and racing can take place under most conditions.
If the meeting is abandoned before the first race, a full refund will be made. If the meeting is abandoned after the first race but before the third, a 50% refund will be made. If the meeting is abandoned after the third race, no refund will be made.
No refunds will be paid on the race day itself. All badges should be mailed to the Racecourse Office after the race day and refunds will be dealt with via the post.
- Where can I obtain more information on race days?
- If you have any questions on arrival at the course, please contact the Racecourse Office. The race day programme contains all the runners and riders and other helpful information. These are available at the main entrance.
- If you have any feedback after your visit, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org